Microfilm copies of the manuscripts in the Library of the Earl of Leicester at Holkham Hall.
Microfilms of Holkham Manuscripts
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Film 478-93, 589-94, 609-10, 625-6, 634-8, 648, 662-85, 697, 754-6, 760, 783-4, 843-4, 870-3, 928-30, 957-60, 1058, 1090, 1092-4, 1176, 1372-5, 1451-6, 1500, 1535, 1544, 1559, 1578-84
- Dates of Creation20th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish, and Latin.
- Physical Description103 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Holkham Hall houses the Library of the Earl of Leicester.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The microfilms were acquired at various dates.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library.
For description of contents see S. de Ricci, Handlist of MSS. in the Library of the Earl of Leicester at Holkham Hall (1932), (Supplement to the Bibliographical Society's Transactions no. 7).
The originals are located at Holkham Hall.