- Notarial copy of an extract of parliament for Archibald Whitehead, confirming his tack of the subdeanery of Glasgow, titled Ratification for setting tacks of the subdeanery granted in parliament, 1633;
- Document titled Information about of the borough of Calder, 1588;
- Document titled Copy, Instrument of Resignation by Presbytery of Manse and glebe of Govan to the Principal, 1595.
Records relating to the University of Glasgow and University lands
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
A small collection of records relating to the University of Glasgow and University lands during the 16th and 17th centuries.
Arranged in original order of receipt from donor
Conditions Governing Access
Gift : Dr Wylie Horn : 24 Jan 2014
Other Finding Aids
PDF copy of file list available on request to the Duty Archivist
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
None which affect the use of this material
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 248 procedures
The collection was in the donor's father's posession prior to acquisition.
Location of Originals
This material is original
No known publications using this material
Description compiled in line with the following international standards: International Council on Archives, ISAD(G) Second Edition, September 1999and National Council on Archives, Rules for the construction of personal, place and corporate names
Scotland is the location of all place names in the administrative/biographical history element, unless otherwise stated.
Fonds level description compiled by Emma Yan, Assistant Archivist, 22 December 2016.