Correspondence of A.C. Ducarel and John Loveday, with a few letters in the hand of John Loveday the younger.
Correspondence of A.C. Ducarel and John Loveday
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.lett.c.6,d.34
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. lett. c. 6, d. 34
- Dates of Creation1761-85
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Andrew Coltee Ducarel (1713-1785) was an antiquary. John Loveday (1711-89) was a philologist and antiquary. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
MS. Eng. lett. c. 6 was given to the Library by Thomas Loveday in 1930. MS. Eng. lett. d. 34 was bought from Bernard Halliday in 1930.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 40752-3.