A composite volume, pages 1-74 being in the hand of William Owen [-Pughe], pp- 75-90 in the hand of Evan Evans, 'Ieuan Fardd', and the title on p. 115 in the hand of Lewis Morris. The contents include: pp. 1-24, 'Golygiad ar farddoniaeth Lewis Glyn Cothi', being a catalogue of 223 poems [apparently based on the collection in B.M. Add. MS 14963], with some brief observations; pp. 29-31, a list of some parishes and divisions in Wales; p. 33, 'Awdl a gant Hywel ab Owain Gwynedd' beginning 'Dyn [sic] dewisy riein virein veindec . . .'; pp. 35-8, an incomplete index to the poems published in Owen Jones & William Owen, Barddoniaeth Dafydd ab Gwilym (Llundain, 1789), tt. 1-166; pp. 40-52, a list of the names of British saints; pp. 54-69, a further list of saints with their descent; pp. 71-4, a list of titles of the poems of [Dafydd ap Gwilym], most of which are crossed out; pp. 76-89, transcripts of 'Gwaith Argoed Llwyfein' by Taliesin, 'Arwyrein Owain Gwynedd' by Gwalchmai, and 'Marwnad Llywelyn fab Gruffudd' by Bleddyn Fardd, with parallel Latin translations; p. 90, a note by Evan Evans in Latin concerning Llywelyn ap Gruffydd and Madoc Min; pp. 91-114, four 'cywyddau' by 'Ieuan Fardd' ('Ieuan hirfardd', 'Ieuan ap Siencyn Ieuan'), [i.e. Evan Evans, 'Ieuan Brydydd Hir'), one dated 1752, and two by Gronwy [sic] Owen, one also dated 1752; pp. 115-17, 'Hyriad it Offeiriad o Dregaron, am ddywedyd nad oedd ym marwnad Ffredrig Tywysog Cymru nag Iaith na Chynganedd. 1752' by 'Ieuan Fardd', see infra, pp. 93-7.
Poetical miscellanea, lists of British saints, etc.,
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 13233B.
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls006010353
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialWelsh, Latin.
- Physical Description118 pp. (thirteen pages blank; pages 91- 114 appear to be wrongly bound, the correct sequence being pp. 107-114, 91- 106. Several folios have been cut out of the volume).Bound in quarter leather with marbled paper sides.Several folios excised.Several folios excised.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as Mysevin 13.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 13233B.
Other Finding Aids
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).
Alternative Form Available