The diary of William Owen [-Pughe] for the period 1 January 1811- 13 April 1835. The earlier entries, 1811- 1822, appear to have been recopied by the diarist in 1824-1825, and the entire manuscript is written in a very small neat hand. The contents include domestic news, information concerning the writer's literary pursuits, and references to Joanna Southcott and J[ane] Townley, etc., as well as details of weather conditions.
Dyddgoviant William Owen [-Pughe],
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 13248B.
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls006010642
- Dates of Creation1811-1835 /
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialWelsh.
- Physical Description736 p. (pp. 43-4, 445, and 689-90 blank). Previously arranged in forty-five unbound gatherings, now bound in two parts in quarter leather.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as Mysevin 28.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 13248B.
Other Finding Aids
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).
Alternative Form Available
Online version available on the Library’s website $$u https://www.llgc.org.uk/discover/digital-gallery/manuscripts/modern-period/dyddgoviant-william-owen-pughe/ (viewed April 2016)