A manuscript volume with the word 'GOGYNVEIRDD' on the spine, and containing a collection of transcripts made by William Owen [-Pughe] of Gogynfeirdd poetry, all published in The Myvyrian Archaiology of Wales..., Vol. 1, (London, 1801), pp. 189-216, 258-62, 265-8, 275-8 and 354, although not in the same order. The poets whose works are represented in the manuscript are: Meilyr Brydydd, Gwalchmai ab Meilyr, Hywel ab Owain Gwynedd, Owain Cyfeiliog and Cynddelw Brydydd Mawr. The manuscript contains numerous footnotes which give variant readings as well as a few explanatory notes on the text. The footnotes contain references to the following sources 'MS.', 'Dr. T. Williams MS.' / 'T.W.', 'V.R.', and 'Ll. Du.' [= 'Llyfr Du Caerfyrddin'].
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 13241C.
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls006010525
- Dates of Creation[1779x1800] /
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialWelsh.
- Physical Description220 pp. (seventy-eight pages blank). Bound in full brown mottled calf.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as Mysevin 21.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 13241C.
Other Finding Aids
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).