A volume of Welsh poetry, 'cywyddau' and 'cerddi', given by [Thomas Edwards], 'Twm o'r Nant', to [William Owen-Pughe], 'Idrison', in 1809. Pages 1-172 are in the hand of 'Twm o'r Nant', and pages 102-110 are bicolumnar. Most of the items contained in the manuscript are the work of 'Twm o'r Nant' and are unpublished for the most part. Other poets represented in the volume are: John Thomas o bentre'r Foelas, Jonathan Hughes, Sion Prichard y gof o Dreffynon: alias Sion y Gôf ffyrnig, Gutun Gwrexham [=Edward Charles], Hywel Wehydd [= 'Hywel Eryri', Hugh Evans], John Roberts of 'plwy Lygen', and Rog[er] Edw[ar]ds. Other poems are attributed to Gwas Ystiwart Castell Rhodwy, Rhys y geiriau duon, Gelyn y Bleiddiaid, and Cynffon yr Esgob.
'Twm o'r Nant' MS,
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 13238B.
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls006010495
- Dates of Creation[1801x1809] /
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialWelsh.
- Physical DescriptionPaginated 1-190 (pages 156-8 and 177 to the end blank). Bound in white parchment (much discoloured) on boards.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as Mysevin 18.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 13238B.
Other Finding Aids
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).
'Rhodd T. o'r Nant i mi - Idrison - 1809' inscribed on p. 1.