- MS 100/20/1-2;D Letters (2) to Hugh Robert Mill, May 1931 [Short notes on John Walter Gregory's and the British National Antarctic Expedition, 1901-1904] 2 leaves, holograph
- MS 1453/71;D Letters (3) to Kathleen Scott, 31 October 1912 to July 1913 [With one enclosure, copy of a letter from Darwin to Lewis Beaumont, 29 October 1912, letters 1 and 3, regarding Amundsen] 5 leaves, holograph and typescript
- MS 100/142;D Note to Robert Falcon Scott, undated [Requests that Scott mention William Speirs Bruce in a speech and Scott's affirmative reply appended] 1 leaf, holograph
- MS 1453/72;D Letter to Robert Falcon Scott, 31 June 1909 [Advice on presentation of his new expedition plans] 1 leaf, holograph
- MS 367/12;D Letter (copy) to Ernest Henry Shackleton, 1909 [Regarding polar explorers and locations for exploration] 1 leaf
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Leonard Darwin/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation1909-1931
- Name of Creator
- Physical DescriptionCirca 8 letters
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Correspondence with polar explorers and their families, some of which was written during Darwin's time as Secretary and then President of the Royal Geographical Society.
MS 367/12;D This transcript comes from a copy of the letter, which was sent to Robert Falcon Scott.