Correspondence relating to Hutton's academic and professional career, includes letters from Arthur Schuster, professor of physics at Owens College, from the early part of Hutton's career; Ernest Rutherford, when he and Hutton were colleagues at the University of Cambridge; and with Thermal Syndicate Ltd., for whom Hutton acted as consultant on the fused quartz process.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 HUT/B
- Dates of Creation1898-1968
- Physical Description134 items
Scope and Content
Divided into subseries as follows:
- HUT/B/1 - Letters from Arthur Schuster
- HUT/B/2 - Miscellaneous correspondence
- HUT/B/3 -Correspondence re. Thermal Syndicate Ltd.
- HUT/B/4 -Correspondence re. Elihu Thomson.
- HUT/B/5 - Correspondence with Ernest Rutherford
- HUT/B/6 - Correspondence on Eros statue
- HUT/B/7 - Correspondence re. Cavendish Laboratory rebuilding
- HUT/B/8 - W.L. Bragg correspondence
- HUT/B/9 - J.E. Lennard Jones correspondence
- HUT/B/10 - Correspondence re. Osborne Reynolds centenary