The collection comprises:
- Petition of the chamber to the UK parliament with regard to coal mining, 1908 (MS 185/1).
- Cash book, 1916-1926 (MS 185/2).
- Papers relating to the presentation by the chamber of an aeroplane to New Zealand, 1917 (MS185/3).
- Report of conferences between the chamber and the City of Nottingham Teachers Association, 1927(MS 185/4).
- Papers relating to gravel pits and the Midland Gravels Association, 1933-1958 (MS 185/5-6).
- Memorandum and articles of association for the Association for Overseas Exporters (1919) Ltd,1908-1919 (MS 185/7).
This collection constitutes chance survivals from the records of the Nottingham Chamber ofCommerce. Apart from the cash book (MS 185/2), it contains none of the administrative records thatwould usually survive in an organisation's archive. The files would provide supplementaryinformation for any study into the activities of the Chamber and the initiatives to which the filesrelate.