Image of a sandstone capital of Ptolemaic Egyptian type, decorated with a ram-headed, sun disc-crown Nubian Amun. Album print marked '893 M14’, but Török states the object is from 959.
Meroë: Decorated capital
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/GA/4
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 GA.4GB 3431 M.633
- Dates of Creation1914
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (108mm x 81mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
The emulsion is slightly damaged.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 175 labelled ‘959-8’. Full description in Török (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1, p214.