Image of copper/bronze implements discovered at Kostamneh possibly from sites 32 or 36 K06, including (from top left) a bracelet, a bradawl with an ivory handle, a knife with a wooden handle, a chisel, and an axe head. 'K06 Kostamneh T312' is written on the negative. Handwritten note with negative states 'K06 Bronze or copper implements 420 L2.7'. Album print marked '120 K06 420' T312 F2.9' and 'L.2.7'.
Kostamneh: Copper/bronze Implements
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/K/4/2/7
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 K.39aGB 3431 K.40GB 3431 L.2.7
- Dates of Creation1906
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 125mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
Garstang's copyright expires in 2026 (70 years after his death). The copyright of the digital images lie with the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang ‘Excavations at Hierakonpolis, at Esna, and in Nubia’ (1906), Annales du service des Antiquités de L’Égypte, Vol.VIII, pl. XI.1, entitled ‘Bracelet, Bradawl, Knife (wooden handle) chisel and axe’.