Image of graffiti on the wall of site 954/964, which Garstang believed were astronomical observations. Album print labelled 'Astronomical calculations & recod of observations. Sketch of a simple instrument for reading altitudes'. Album print marked '964 M14'. Handwritten note with negative states ‘Meroë R14 954 (or 964) M14’.
Meroë site 964: 'astronomical calculations'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/R/14
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 R.14GB 3431 M.711
- Dates of Creation1914
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (163mm x 214mm)
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.