General view of site 291 after excavation, showing finds and pieces of masonry. Garstang believed it was the site of the city’s ‘water gate’. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print K2'. Album print marked '291 M12'
Meroë site 291: excavation
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/K/2
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 K.2GB 3431 M.361
- Dates of Creation1912
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.