Image of a small brick construction discovered containing a burial at site R59 at Reqaqnah. Garstang thought the construction imitated similar burials discovered in overturned pots. Album print labelled 'Reqaqnah 1901-02', 'pl.27', 'The form of pot burial copied in brick'. '67', 'R59' and 'A34' are written on back of the album print.
Reqaqnah site 59: The form of pot burial copied in brick'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/R/1/91
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 R.68GB 3431 A34
- Dates of Creation1901-1902
- Physical Description1 developing out paper print (103mm x 126mm)
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
Under copyright until 2026. The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1904), Tombs of the Third Egyptian Dynasty at Reqaqnah and Bet Khallaf, (Constable, London), pl. 27, entitled 'the form [pot burial] copies in brick R59'