Image of the ‘high altar’ with a relief featuring Hapi, Egyptian Nile god, found in the central sanctuary of the Temple of Amun (site 261). Two votive tablets and the Horus votive tablet can be seen in front of the altar (possibly as offerings). Handwritten note with negative states 'Album D10, 261 M10, Sun Temple, Carving Exposed Box III'. Album print marked ‘261 M’.
Meroë site 261: 'Sun Temple Carving Exposed'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/D/10
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 D.10GB 3431 M.287
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (125mm x 176mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.