Image of the excavators' camp near the fortress of Kostamneh. John Garstang can been seen sat in front of this tent using binoculars to look over the Nile. 'Kostamneh 1906 camp' is written in pencil on the negative. Handwritten note with negative states 'Nubia album 'Nubia negadeh, Hissayh' K'06 404 L.14 photo 7'. Album print marked 'K06 404 L.1.4'.
Kostamneh: 'Camp by River'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/K/4/1/5
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 K.84GB 3431 L.1.4
- Dates of Creation1906
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 125mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Part of the negative is blank as the negative wasn't central under the lens in the camera when it was original taken.
Conditions Governing Use
Garstang's copyright expires in 2026 (70 years after his death). The copyright of the digital images lie with the University of Liverpool.