Image of 3 sandstone blocks forming a partial two column vertical hieroglyphic inscription discovered at site 293. The cartouche is believed to be the name of Aspelta. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album V28 Meroë 293 M11 2 negatives'.
Meroë site 293: inscription fragment
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/28/a
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.28GB 3431 M.400
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 101mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The negative has been removed from the collection to prevent further damage.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Negative has been broken and 'repaired' with sticky tape.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the objects and inscriptions can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1 p. 241, inscription 71.