Image a man stood between the lion sculptures at the Lion Gate of Hattusa near Boghaz Keui, (Boğazkale, Turkey).
Boghaz Keui No. 38: lion Gate
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/HIT/BOK/38
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 HIT/BOK/038
- Dates of Creation1907
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (179mm x 129mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Due to the condition of the negative the image was taken from the glass side of the negative, therefore the digital image is reverse of the true image.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
The emulsion is flaking slightly around each edge of the negative.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1910), Land of the Hittites, Plate LX and (1929), Hittite Empire, Plate XVIII.