Image of a stone statue being lifted from a trench using an A frame and pulleys. John and Marie Garstang are supervising the lift. The statue appears to be the lion discovered in Site 295. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print A45'.
Meroë: Aerial railway in use
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/A/45
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 A.45GB 3431 M.1226
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 cellulose acetate film negative (116mm x 88mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Original negative is not cut straight.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.