Image of a worn votive tablet found blocking the entrance of tomb 307. Appears to depict two libating offering jars flanked by lotus flowers. There is a cursive Meroitic inscription around the edge. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album V65 Meroë 307 M10'.
Meroë tomb 307: offering tablet
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/65
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.65GB 3431 M.515
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (101mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The digital image is upside down to true aspect so the relief can be seen.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.LVII.1, labelled 'Inscribed altar (No. 38) from Tomb 307'.