Image of 3 fragments of a sandstone door jamb featuring a vertical hieroglyphic inscription discovered at site 293. The cartouche contains the name of Malonaqeñ. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album V31 Meroë 293 M11'.
Meroë site 293: inscription fragments
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/31
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.31GB 3431 M.404
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (101mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of object and inscription can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1 p. 242, inscription 92, find reference 293-4.