Image of the entrance of tomb 3 blocked with stones. '3 M09' is written on the negative. Handwritten note with album print states 'Meroë Album P55'. Album print marked '3 M09'.
Meroë tomb 3: blocked double entrance
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/P/55
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 P.55GB 3431 M.14
- Dates of Creation1909
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (175mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.XXXVI.3, labelled 'Entrance blocked with stones [a secondary burial near surface]'.