Image of the restored life-size statue of a man discovered at site 295. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë' Print L70'. Album print marked 'M12'.
Meroë site 295: male statue
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/L/70
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L.70GB 3431 M.447
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (124mm x 188mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
A process has been used to remove most of the emulsion from the glass, leaving only the image of the statue.
The statue is now in the Sudan National Museum, Khartoum, (537).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1913), ‘Third interim Report on the Excavations of Meroë in Ethiopia’, Liverpool Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology, Vol. V, pl. IX.2. Full description of the statue can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1, pp163-164, reference 295-3.