Image of the excavation of street 900 alongside site 924. Track and mine cars used for debris removal can be seen in background. Taken after JG/M/S/47.Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Album S46 900 M13'.
Meroë site 900: excavation
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/S/46
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 S.46GB 3431 M.646
- Dates of Creation1913
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Silvering of the emulsion around the edge of the glass. Small parts of the emulsion have been scratched off.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang (1914), 'Fourth Interim Report on Meroë', Liverpool Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology, Vol. VI, pl. II.2, labelled 'wall of palace (900, 924) and corner of street'.