Image of two objects found at site 600 (Isis Temple) including (left) a bronze statuette of Eros from a vessel, and (right) fragment of a faïence statuette of a nude female figure. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë P2 17, 600 M10'.
Meroë site 600: Objects
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/PA/17
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 P2.17GB 3431 M.586
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 101mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Objects formerly held by the Liverpool Institute of Archaeology but are now lost.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. XVIII.5, labelled 'bronze cupid and faïence figure'. Full description of the objects can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p173, find references 600-5 (left) and 600-7 (right).