Image of three black pottery vessels, including (from left), vessel and lid of soft pottery with decorated rim (tomb 15); vessel and lid of soft pottery (tomb 302); and burnished black-brown jar, with pattern incised and whitened (tomb 304). Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë 1910 Album N2 36 Pottery'. Album print labelled 'Meroë pottery types'.
Meroë: Meroitic Pottery Types
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/NA/36
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 N2.36GB 3431 M.895
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (120mm x 89mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.XLII.2. Illustration of the pots are also on pl. xlvi.35-37.