Image of the remains of the lower palace of Hattusa near Boghaz Keui (Boğazkale, Turkey) from above, showing the modern village in the background. Includes handwritten note stating 'Modern village, lower palace in foreground' and 'Retained for Expedition'
Boghaz Keui No. 11: village & lower palace
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/HIT/BOK/11
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 HIT/BOK/011
- Dates of Creation1907
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (179mm x 129mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Due to the poor condition of the negative the digital image was taken from the emulsion side of the negative and is the reverse of the original image.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
The emulsion side is flaking slightly on one edge.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1910), Land of the Hittites, plate LXII, and (1929), The Hittite Empire, plate XVI.