Image of a partial vertical hieroglyphic inscription on two sandstones blocks found at 293, with a representation of a figure offering of the cartouche of King Malonaqeñ. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album V26 Meroë 293 M11 2 negatives'.
Meroë site 293: inscription fragments
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/26/a
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.26GB 3431 M.397
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 101mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Parts of the emulsion are missing from the negative.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the objects and inscriptions can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1 p. 242, inscription 82, find reference 293-2.