Image of a votive tablet found blocking the entrance of tomb 307. The tablet depicts Nephthys and Anubis libating onto a lotus shaped offering tablet. There is a cursive Meroitic inscription around the edge. '307 M10' is written on the negative. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album V59, Meroë 307 M10'. Album print labelled 'in the Louvre, Paris'.
Meroë tomb 307: offering tablet
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/59
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.59GB 3431 M.509
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (101mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The table is now held by the Louvre Museum, Paris, (D 77).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.LVI, labelled 'votive altars with inscriptions (no. 28-36 in sequence) from tomb 307'.