Image of a group who visited the excavations at Meroë, including (from left) Midwinter Bey, Director of Sudan Railways; Herbert Kitchener, 1st Earl of Kitchener; General Sir Francis Reginald Wingate, Governor-General of Sudan; Professor Archibald Sayce; John Garstang; and Lady Catherine Wingate. Album print marked 'M11 (1)'.
Meroë: 'Lord Kitchener's Visit'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/A/1/a
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 A.1GB 3431 M.1217
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Negative is has lots of fingerprint and other marks.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in T. Opper (2014), The Meroë Head of Augustus, British Museum Object in Focus Series, Pl. 7.