Image of a limestone slab with a hieroglyphic inscription found in the southern entrance of the mastaba at site R70 at Reqaqnah. The inscription is thought to be a list of name of scribes, including Thent-tha; Senez-em-ab; Ka-nefer; Ua-sau-es; Am-Khent; Mesa; Sa-mery; An-qem-mu; Y-Kaii; Uz-ur; Seref-Ka; Shepses-Ka. Album print labelled 'pl. 28', 'slide T342' and 'inscribed stone'. '81', 'R70' and 'A41' are written on the back of the print.
Reqaqnah site 70: 'Inscribed stone'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/R/1/70/a
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 R.102GB 3431 A41
- Dates of Creation1901-1902
- Physical Description1 developing out paper print (102mm x 127mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
Under copyright until 2026. The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1904), Tombs of the Third Egyptian Dynasty at Reqaqnah and Bet Khallaf, (Constable, London), pl. 28, entitled 'stone bearing names of scribes'. Inscription can be found on the same book on page 58.