Image of two bronze lamps discovered at site 924a, including a lamp with a leaf handle and closed by an eagle stopper and a 3 spouted lamp. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Album N2 10, 924a M13, Slide 43 M3 or 58 M3'.
Meroë site 924a: bronze lamps
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/NA/10
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 N2.10GB 3431 M.672
- Dates of Creation1913
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 101mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang (1914) 'Fourth interim report on the excavations of Meroë', Liverpool Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology, Vol. VI, pl. V.2; Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl.187. Full description of object in Török, (1997) Meroë City, Vol.1 p231, find references 924a/a-a and b.