Image of 9 clay objects discovered at site L209 at Alawniyeh, thought to be models of flint tools and human figures. A label with 'T246' written on it is stuck to the negative. Handwritten note with negative states 'T246 Mahasna & Bet Khallaf Garstang, Clay models of flint arrows, figures etc.'
Alawniyeh L209: Clay models of flint arrows, figures etc.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/F/2/3
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 P.27GB 3431 F.1
- Dates of Creation1900-1901
- Physical Description1 cellulose nitrate film negative (125mm x 100mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Negative is yellowing and going brittle and warped.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1903), Mahasna and Bet Khallaf, Egyptian Research Account, Vol. 7, (Quaritch, London), pl.III, entitled 'two views of four-legged dish decorated with human figures &c'.