Image of statues found at site 600 (Isis Temple) which were reused as pedestals. Includes note 'Meroë Print B14'. Album print labelled 'statues found, reused as pedestals, Isis Temple'.
Meroë site 600: statue fragments
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/B/14
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 B.14GB 3431 M.568
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (120mm x 101mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The statues were reconstructed and the statue of Arensnuphis is now held by the National Museum of Scotland (1910.110.36); the statue of Sebiumeker is held by the Carlsbery Glyptotek, Copenhagen (Æ 1082).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the statues can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p172, find references 600-2 and 600-3.