Image of a stone altar with triangular carvings discovered at site 964, thought by Garstang to be an astronomical observation stone. Handwritten note with negative states Meroë R12, 964 M14'. On reverse of print there is diagram of the proposed complete angles of the stone labelled 'J L H 18/7/14 99'.
Meroë site 954/964: observing stone
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/R/12
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 R.12GB 3431 M.722
- Dates of Creation1914
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (167mm x 120mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.