Image of a reconstructed bowl of thin pottery with a flat base of pale yellow colour found at the necropolis. It is decorated with a repeated lotus pattern in black line with petals coloured in blue and red. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë 1910 Album N2 38 Pottery'. Album print labelled 'Meroë Pottery types 1910'.
Meroë: 'Meroë Pottery Type'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/NA/38
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 N2.38GB 3431 M.897
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (120mm x 89mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Emulsion is chipped and slightly flaking at the edges of the negative.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
An illustration of the pot can be found in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. xlvii.1.