Image of the plans of the Sun Temple (site 250) and the house within its enclosure (Site 255) sat on a chair in an office. Handwritten note with negative states 'Plans: a) Sun Temple b) House in Enclosure, Meroë pl. XXVIII, XXIX, LAAA IV pl. VII, Slide 31 M1 1 M2’.
Meroë: Plans of a) Sun Temple b) house within the enclosure'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/AA/19
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 AA.19GB 3431 M.801
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (101mm x 116mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. XXVII & XXIX; Garstang, (1912), 'Second Interim Report on the Excavations of Meroë in Ethiopia,' Liverpool Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology, Vol IV, pl. VII.