Image of a train passing the site of Meroë, with a man [John Garstang?] in the foreground. The 1910-1911 excavators’ camp can be seen in the background. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print A.4a'.
Meroë: Train near excavation site
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/A/4/b
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 A4aGB 3431 M.1157a
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Silvering of emulsion of the negative and some spotting. Traces of silvering on glass side of the negative.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.