Image of the excavation of site 267 (Temple of Amun) showing a mud brick wall and an altar. 'A PL. 9 267 M0' is written on negative. Album print marked '267 M'
Meroë site 267: Altar
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/D/67
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 D.67GB 3431 M.303
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 100mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Parts of the emulsion are missing from the negative and there are chips at the edge of the image.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.IX.4, labelled ‘small altar in passage 267’.