Image of a train carriage on the track in front of the site of Meroë taken during the third excavation season or later. One man and two women in the foreground. The dig house can be seen in the background. Handwritten note with negative states 'Similar to A.4 M1157'.
Meroë: Train line near excavation site
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/A/4/c
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 M.1158
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
There is no album print of this negative.
The dig house wasn’t built until the third season (1911-1912).
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Slight silvering and some scratches in the emulsion of the negative.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.