Image of an illustration of sculptured figures on a wall of a fortress at ‘Ghiaour Kalessi’ (Gavurkale, Turkey) taken from Perrot & Chipiez (1890) History of art in Sardinia, Judæa, Syria and Asia Minor, Vol. 2.Handwritten note with negative states 'A3 Slide 11' and 'Shiaout Kalessi’.
Illustration: 'Sculpture of Giaour Kalessi'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/X/1/3
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 Misc A3GB 3431 MISC/A/3
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (105mm x 80mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Formerly stored in JG/X/9/1.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Emulsion is chipped and there are signs of minor light damage.
Conditions Governing Use
Publication is out of copyright and authors have been dead for over 70 years.
Taken from Georges Perrot & Charles Chipiez (1890) History of art in Sardinia, Judæa, Syria and Asia Minor, (London, Chapman), Vol. 2, fig. 352, entitled ‘Ghiaour-Kalessi, Sculptured figure on wall of fortress’.