Image of artefacts discovered in a jar at site 294, including 3 gold necklace spacers inscribed with names of King Aramatelqo and King Malonaqen, 3 spiral rings, and a bronze plated seals. Album print marked '294 M11'.
Meroë site 294: 'Royal Jewels'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/H/8
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 H.8GB 3431 M.413
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
One of the spacers is now in The Brooklyn Museum, Charles Wilbor Fund (49.29). One spacer and a ring are now in the National Museum of Sudan, Khartoum, (511/1).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the objects can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1, pp160-161, find reference 294-136 and 137.