Image of the bottom middle part of the Meroitic inscription on the Hamadab Stela A discovered at site 1000, with a pencil in the foreground. Possibly taken while the stela was in situ.
Meroë site 1000: 'Inscription'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/X/27/b
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 X.27GB 3431 M.772
- Dates of Creation1914
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (62mm x 116mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
There is no album print of this image.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
The emulsion is flaking slightly at the edges of the negative.
The stela is now in the British Museum (EA 1650).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.