Image of site 260 (Temple of Amun) during excavation taken from the enclosure wall looking west. The remains of the pylon can be seen partially uncovered in the background with the outer hall (site 269) in front, followed by the central sanctuary containing the high altar (site 261, centre left); the south sanctuary (site 264, centre); and the ‘hall of columns (site 266, centre right). The passage/corridor of site 274 can be seen on the far right. Handwritten note with negative states ‘Meroë print D7’. Album print marked '260 M11'
Meroë site 260: sanctuaries
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/D/7
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 D.7GB 3431 M.259
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (179mm x 128mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Negative is slightly overexposed.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.