Image of architectural fragments found between site 943 and street 904, including a sandstone capital; a carved white coated column base, and a carved sandstone fragment. A mine car used for transporting debris can be seen in the background. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Album T 8 904 + 943 M13 8'.
Meroë site 904/943: architectural fragments
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/T/8
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 T.8GB 3431 M.650
- Dates of Creation1913
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 101mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the objects can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p206, find reference 943-23.