Image of various faïence votive objects from site 294, including a glazed faïence votive inscribed for King Aramatelqo (right) and an incomplete votive sistrum of the naos type with two mounted figures (top left). Album print marked '294 M11'.
Meroë site 294: Faïence objects
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/H/12
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 H.12GB 3431 M.414
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl.116, labelled ‘294-38 (top left). 294-39 (bottom left). 294-32 (top right). 294-35 (centre, second from top). 294-36 (centre, second from bottom). 294-34 (bottom centre). 294-35 (bottom right).’ Full description of the objects can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1, p.156.