Image of a fragment of sandstone statue of a man, discovered at site 195 ('Royal Baths'), wearing a cuirass and a draped cloak. Album print labelled 'Torso of a classical figure, draped like the Vatican Augustus'. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print L54'. Album print marked '194 M12'.
Meroë site 195: 'Classical figure'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/L/54
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L.54GB 3431 M.148
- Dates of Creation1912
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (124mm x 188mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1913), ‘Third interim Report on the Excavations of Meroë in Ethiopia,’ Liverpool Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology, Vol. V, pl. X.2. Full description of the statue (195-4(S)) can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. I, p81.