Image of the skyline of a large settlement, possibly Aleppo Syria, showing small flat roofed buildings across a valley. Similar to images taken during John Garstang's 1907 tour of Anatolia (see JG/HIT/AL).
Large settlement [Aleppo?]
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/HIT/Z/5
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 Misc F1GB 3431 MISC/F/1
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (180mm x 130mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Formerly stored in JG/X/9/6.
Formerly held in MISC/F/1. Transferred to the HIT collection in November 2015.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Negative has scratches all along the image, as well as emulsion flaking from the sides. There is a patch of heavy discolouration in one corner.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.