Image of the beginning of the excavation of site 260 (Temple of Amun), near the pylon of the Temple (possibly site 271). Shows the discovery of large decorated columns along a brick wall. Album print marked '260 M10'.
Meroë site 260: start of excavation
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/D/53
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 D.53GB 3431 M.270
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (124mm x 101mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. LX.5, labelled 'Clearing the Temple of Amon'.